Monday, March 7, 2011

Chris Rock on His “Blame Game” Skit


During an interview with the New York Times about his upcoming Broadway production, The Motherfucker With the Hat, Chris Rock explained how excited he was to contribute his potty-mouthed “Yeezy taught me” skit to the end of “Blame Game”.
“I did that quicker than I read scripts that they offer me money to do,” he said. “I thank him so much it probably freaks him out. Especially at this late date, to get on something, the album of the moment, that stuff is priceless, you can’t put a price tag on that.” 
“I felt invigorated by it,” he said. “I’ve still got my fastball.”
That sketch is one of the greatest moments from that, or any album, that came out last year. It’s not too often that you’ll let a two and a half minute skit play on an album you’ve heard dozens of times, but I always let “Blame Game” rock to the end. via Vulture

No comments:

Post a Comment