Saturday, January 1, 2011

Is Social Media Taking Over? Social Media Growth Statistics


It's looks like social media has already injected a hostile takeover of sorts...and honestly now if I even think about it myself I doubt if I even talk on the phone as much as I used to. Nonetheless here is a overview of some of the statistics....
  • YouTube is the second largest search engine on the web
  • 50% of YouTube’s 300 millions users visit at least once a week
  • Facebook usage is up 40% since last year
  • 2.5 billions photos are uploaded to @facebook each month
  • 96% of 18-35 year olds are on a social network
  • 15% of bloggers spend 10 hours or more each week blogging
  • 25% of search results for the World’s Top 20 largest brands are links to user-generated content
  • 78% of consumers trust peer recommendations
  • 1 in 5 americans age 18-35 use @twitter
  • Twitter is adding 300,000 users a day

No comments:

Post a Comment